Hi, Candice wanted to share her favorite sweet treat. This particular recipe was her grandmother’s and each Christmas she knew her grandma would make them. This is a simple treat to make. Enjoy.
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1 cup white sugar
1 cup Karo syrup
6 cups rice cereal, (I use Rice Krispies)
1 package semi sweet chocolate chips
1 package butterscotch chips
1. Bring peanut butter, sugar, and syrup to a boil. Stir until sugar is melted.
2. Add cereal, folding in until completely coated.
3. Press cereal mixture evenly into casserole or cake pan. I butter bottom of pan.
4. Melt the chocolate and butterscotch chip together, stirring constantly so it does not burn.
5. Once chips are melted, spread over the top of the rice.
6. Let cool. I stick them in the refrigerator, but remember you need to let them reach room temperature before you can cut into them. Cut into squares and serve. Everyone seems to love these.
PS. I’m not sure where my grandma acquired this recipe, most likely the newspaper. So, I don’t know who to give credit to for this easy and tasty treat.